Before your Exam…
In general any type of exam requires some preparation. Please go through the following general list then reference the procedure specific to your visit.
- Arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled MRI exam time so that you can complete the necessary paperwork or go to PATIENT FORMS before you arrive to save time. You may still need to fill out additional forms so please arrive early.
- Please bring your insurance cards, prescription, photo ID, and a method of payment for any fees or co-pays. If you are unaware of your co-pay amount, please contact your insurance provider.
- Please leave children not undergoing a diagnostic imaging procedure with a caregiver. We do not have a designated area to keep children occupied during your procedure.
- Please turn off all cell phones, pagers, games, and two-way radios before entering our waiting room and clinic areas. These items may interfere with our scanning equipment and we like to keep a peaceful environment for those who are waiting. Ask to store your personal belongings in one of our lockers.Â You’ll be the only key holder, so your personal belongings will be safe. However, when possible you should leave valuables at home.
- Please notify us immediately if you need to reschedule an appointment. Please leave a message if you receive an after hours message.
- Unless otherwise instructed by the technologist or your physician, you will be able to drive home and resume your normal routine following any exam you undergo at BayView Radiology.
- Bring prior x-rays or CT scans with you to the exam if you are instructed to do so.